Thursday, April 23, 2009
Are you getting tired of the vampire craze?
I was just looking at my list of upcoming vampire movies, and I counted 52 films/TV shows being released between 2009 and 2011. They range from the smallest indies to The Twilight Saga, but, still, that's quite the plethora of vampire entertainment! Add that to the online series and the hundreds of vampire books being published, and you have to ask, "Will the vampire craze die out?"
Speaking from personal experience, I know publishers have become wary of picking up vampire novels due to the sheer number of them out there. If vampire burnout occurs, it's unfortunate for the projects following in the shadow of Twilight, especially when many projects began before the Twilight phenomenon (ahem, again, I speak from experience).
How do the readers and moviegoers feel? Are you getting sick of the undead? Although I have the Vampire Crossover Music Video Contest poll running on Suburban Vampire right now, I've squeezed in a mini-poll that asks, "Are you getting tired of the vampire craze?" Because this is a vampire blog, I know my results will be a little skewed, but I'm curious to see the responses.
Posted by Suburban Vampire at 1:32 PM
Suburban Vampire Archive
- ► 2012 (54)
- ► 2011 (151)
- ► 2010 (240)
- Beautiful vampires abound
- Two new movie trailers and some ghostly links
- Music Monday: Crying Blood from Lesbian Vampire Ki...
- Suburban Vampire stimulus plan
- Are you getting tired of the vampire craze?
- Taylor Lautner @ People / Me @ HorrorBlips
- True Blood sneak peek and Jennifer's Body
- Music Monday: Barackula
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
- The title and poll obsession continues
- Dracula Con
- Correction to poll
- Vampire Crossover Music Video Contest
- THE LOST BOYS kills the 80s vampire competition
- Blog remodeling
- Odds and ends
- BloodyDisgusting.com joining in on 80s vampire fun...
- Music Monday: Night of the Vampire
- Vampire Marketplace: Suburban Vampire T-shirts / L...
- Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell & Blood Type
- Best-dressed vampires
- The Vampire's Wife, Chapter One
- Music Monday: Adam Ant and Vampires
- Anita Blake also coming to TV
- Interview with The Mitch Hansen Band
- New poll: Bring out your big-haired undead
- Vampire Marketplace: Gothic bank checks
- Suburban Vampire becoming Suburban Puppy Dogs
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2008 (264)