Thursday, April 9, 2009
Boxwish.com published a list of the top ten best-dressed movie vampires. Their pick for #1: Gary Oldman's Dracula. Oldman's combination of Victorian gentleman/1970s rock star fashion is definitely a standout vampire look...and it won the film's costume designer an Oscar. However, his other look in the film (the one involving the odd hair that resembles a big white heart or someone's backside on top of his head) would keep me from picking this vampire's wardrobe as number one. Boxwish's picks are good ones, however, so make sure you head over and take a peek at their slide show. Two eighties films on my current poll, The Lost Boys and The Hunger, made the list.
Vampire costumes are actually one of my future poll ideas. If you have any picks that didn't make it on BoxWish's top ten list, let me know and I'll consider including it on the future poll. I might venture to add Bela Lugosi's caped vampire attire. Sure, it's become a vampire cliche, but it's iconic and has certainly stood the test of time. How many vampire Halloween costumes did you see this past year that still looked like Lugosi's getup vs even the Cullens' fashions?
Posted by Suburban Vampire at 9:23 AM
Suburban Vampire Archive
- ► 2012 (54)
- ► 2011 (151)
- ► 2010 (240)
- Beautiful vampires abound
- Two new movie trailers and some ghostly links
- Music Monday: Crying Blood from Lesbian Vampire Ki...
- Suburban Vampire stimulus plan
- Are you getting tired of the vampire craze?
- Taylor Lautner @ People / Me @ HorrorBlips
- True Blood sneak peek and Jennifer's Body
- Music Monday: Barackula
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
- The title and poll obsession continues
- Dracula Con
- Correction to poll
- Vampire Crossover Music Video Contest
- THE LOST BOYS kills the 80s vampire competition
- Blog remodeling
- Odds and ends
- BloodyDisgusting.com joining in on 80s vampire fun...
- Music Monday: Night of the Vampire
- Vampire Marketplace: Suburban Vampire T-shirts / L...
- Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell & Blood Type
- Best-dressed vampires
- The Vampire's Wife, Chapter One
- Music Monday: Adam Ant and Vampires
- Anita Blake also coming to TV
- Interview with The Mitch Hansen Band
- New poll: Bring out your big-haired undead
- Vampire Marketplace: Gothic bank checks
- Suburban Vampire becoming Suburban Puppy Dogs
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2008 (264)