Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Suburban Vampire becoming Suburban Puppy Dogs
There comes a time in everyone's life when blogging about bloodsuckers and fangs becomes a little too icky, and we'd prefer to turn our thoughts to happier, cuddlier subjects...like puppies. That time has come for me. Therefore, starting tomorrow, Suburban Vampire will become Suburban Puppy Dogs. Instead of presenting Music Mondays featuring disturbing titles like "Taste of Blood" and "Cry Little Sister," I'll share clips of tunes such as "How Much Is That Doggy in the Window?" "Bingo," and that Christmas song with dogs barking along to "Jingle Bells." And my Upcoming Vampire Films segment of the blog will switch to Upcoming Doggy Movies That Make Us Laugh and Cry So Darn Much. There'll be no more need to discuss dark films of the future with twisted titles like Suck; I'll instead spotlight movies more along the lines of Beethoven's 19th. I'm also steering away from writing novels about seances and suburban vampires. All references to my book The Vampire's Wife will, therefore, be removed, and I'll be blogging about my much, much lighter work in progress, My Dog Is So Darn Cute (that's really my dog's picture attached to this post--isn't he so darn cute?!). I hope you'll be happy with the changes and continue to visit. Let's face it, doggy poop is gross, but not as gross as dreaming of strangers such as Robert Pattinson and Gerard Butler sucking on your neck.
One more note about the switch: April Fools.
Posted by Suburban Vampire at 8:08 AM
Suburban Vampire Archive
- ► 2012 (54)
- ► 2011 (151)
- ► 2010 (240)
- Beautiful vampires abound
- Two new movie trailers and some ghostly links
- Music Monday: Crying Blood from Lesbian Vampire Ki...
- Suburban Vampire stimulus plan
- Are you getting tired of the vampire craze?
- Taylor Lautner @ People / Me @ HorrorBlips
- True Blood sneak peek and Jennifer's Body
- Music Monday: Barackula
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
- The title and poll obsession continues
- Dracula Con
- Correction to poll
- Vampire Crossover Music Video Contest
- THE LOST BOYS kills the 80s vampire competition
- Blog remodeling
- Odds and ends
- BloodyDisgusting.com joining in on 80s vampire fun...
- Music Monday: Night of the Vampire
- Vampire Marketplace: Suburban Vampire T-shirts / L...
- Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell & Blood Type
- Best-dressed vampires
- The Vampire's Wife, Chapter One
- Music Monday: Adam Ant and Vampires
- Anita Blake also coming to TV
- Interview with The Mitch Hansen Band
- New poll: Bring out your big-haired undead
- Vampire Marketplace: Gothic bank checks
- Suburban Vampire becoming Suburban Puppy Dogs
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2008 (264)