Octopus Books USA just released a book called HOW TO DATE A VAMPIRE by Sophie Collins...and they've offered a copy for me to give away! Here's some info from the book's press release:
If you’ve been jealous of Bella and Buffy, and the thought of New Moon has you hankering for a bad-boy date, help has arrived. A new book, HOW TO DATE A VAMPIRE (November 2009; $12.50) provides just the right amount of advice to help you land a fangsome fella. Author Sophie Collins shows you how to aim your sights at the night, in a handbook packed with quizzes, charts, and fail-safe guidance on how to show him what's so special about you and set his pulse (if he had one) racing! From "love at first bite" and clues on how to "date" your vamp (figuring out his actual age), plus where to draw the line with a boy who literally knows all about you, Sophie Collins has tips and tricks such as:
• Eat Meat! (after all, the guy has a major iron deficiency)
• Reading your vamp’s body language (hint: if he’s staring hard and his eyes have turned dark, you’ve crossed the line from love interest to entree, and it's time to go)
• Learn to tango—hot Latin dances have a powerful pull for vampires
• Great date ideas that don't involve going out for a Type-O milkshake.
• Discover how to see into the heart of a guy you can't see in the mirror.
1. U.S. and Canada entries only please.
2. To enter, in the comments section below, answer this question, "If you were to go out with a vampire, where would you take him or her for the first date?" An Italian restaurant with the smell of garlic in the air? A blood bank? Let your imagination run wild.
3. Deadline--I'll draw a winning name Friday, December 4. Good luck!
How to Date a Vampire Facebook Page
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Suburban Vampire Archive
- ► 2012 (54)
- ► 2011 (151)
- ► 2010 (240)
- Music Monday: Sinead O'Connor, Lee Perry, & vampir...
- A turkey break & my latest contest
- Contest: Sophie Collins's HOW TO DATE A VAMPIRE
- Winners of Gail Carriger's SOULLESS
- Music Monday: VAMPIRES WILL NEVER HURT YOU
- Contest for SOULLESS ends tomorrow
- Vampire Marketplace: Team Alice T-shirts
- NEW MOON breaks records...but is it any good?
- A New Moon/Duran Duran tribute
- SOULLESS and NEW MOON reminders & news
- Another vampire video that'll make you snort milk ...
- Interview and Contest: Gail Carriger's SOULLESS......
- TEMPEST RISING winners
- Nicole Peeler contest reminder & Vampire Film Fest...
- New Poll: NEW MOON
- Music Monday: WHEN DARKNESS FALLS
- Transylmania trailer
- Bonus offer for Nicole Peeler's TEMPEST RISING con...
- Dracula laments not being Edward Cullen
- Interview and contest: Nicole Peeler, author of TE...
- Music Monday: The Rosen-dance Video
- Contest winners: VAMPIRES and WEREWOLVES
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2008 (264)